Would you like to develop skills to better understand and proactively manage anger experienced by young people in your life?
If yes, then our MAAD Workshop is for you.
This workshop, developed by Ken Nathan, is designed to help parents, care givers, and those who work with youth, to better understand the drivers of adolescent anger.
Why attend MAAD?
By coming to this FREE workshop, you will:
- Understand the drivers of adolescent anger, including attachment disruption and experiences of neglect and abuse.
- Develop skills to engage at-risk adolescents effectively and manage their challenging behaviours.
Who can attend this workshop?
- Care givers
- Support/Youth Workers
Of young people aged 12 to 21 who are displaying angry behaviours.
What will you gain?
- A theoretical base for working with angry adolescents and understanding of the adolescent brain
- Understanding of the profiles and features of violent teens/adolescents
- Creative engagment and de-escalation skills
- Skills to teach adolescents and yourself e.g. self-care
When & where
Our MAAD Workshop will be delivered over the course of four (4) weekly 2 hr sessions beginning:
Date: Wednesday, 31 May 2023
Time: 5:00PM – 7:00 PM (4:45PM sign-in)
Address: Queensland Youth Services (16 Somer Street, Hyde Park QLD 4812)
Light snacks & refreshments provided.
Please RSVP by Friday, 26 May 2023.
Call: 0416 195 879